Tim Clinton, Ed.D., LPC, LMFT, is president of AACC, the largest and most diverse Christian counseling association in the world. He also serves as Executive Director of the Global Center for Mental Health, Addiction, and Recovery and Professor Emeritus at Liberty University. For the past seven years, Dr. Clinton has extended his ministry as co-host of Dr. James Dobson’s Family Talk, heard on more than 1,400 radio outlets daily, and now hosts a weekend television program, The Road Forward, seen on Real America’s Voice News streaming service and numerous platforms. Licensed as a professional counselor and as a marriage and family therapist, Dr. Clinton is recognized as a world leader on mental health and relationship issues and spends much of his time working with Christian leaders and professional athletes. Recently, Dr. Clinton and his son, Zach, launched a new daily meditative prayer podcast on pray.com for mental health and relationships with nearly two million downloads in the first 45 days. Overall, more than six million people are impacted monthly through his media reach and influence. Dr. Clinton has authored or edited nearly 30 books, including Take It Back: Reclaiming Biblical Masculinity: The Heart & Strength of Being a Man, and his latest, Focus on the Future: Your Family, Your Faith, and Your Voice Matter Now More Than Ever. He has been married 43 years to his wife Julie, and together they have two children, Megan (married to Ben) and Zach (married to Evelyn), and two granddaughters, Olivia and Sophia, who have stolen their hearts.
Licensed as a professional counselor and as a marriage and family therapist, Dr. Clinton is recognized as a world leader in mental health and relationship issues and spends much of his time working with Christian leaders and professional athletes.
- Currently serves as President of Light Counseling, Inc., a leading national Christian mental health practice and clinic operating in 14 states and expanding everyday.
- As one of America’s leading mental health consultants, Dr. Clinton has served ministry leaders from around the world and has worked with elite athletes from the NFL, PGA, NASCAR, MLB and more.
Light University – Dr. Clinton founded Light University, the Global leader in Certificate and Diploma based mental health eduction and professional development, more than 300,000 students have enrolled and completed course work in mental health, crisis response and trauma care and various coaching certificate and certification programs
American Association of Christian Counselors – Tim Clinton, EdD (The College of William and Mary), LPC, LMFT, currently serves as president of the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC), the largest and most diverse Christian counseling association in the world.
AACC Bi-annual World Conference – Dr. Clinton also hosts the world’s premier Christian Counseling conference held every other year with nearly 7,000 counselors and pastors representing all 50 states and over 40 countries around the globe. The event has sold-out the last 9 times in a row.
Liberty University Global Center for Mental Health, Addiction and Recovery – He also serves as Executive Director of the Global Center for Mental Health, Addiction and Recovery and Professor Emeritus at Liberty University where he has taught and served in numerous academic and administrative roles over 30 years. The Global Center is….
International Board for Christian Care – Founded the International Board for Christian Care offering the leading certification and credentialing arm for Christian mental health, crisis response/trauma care and coaching arenas.
WRITER, SPEAKER AND MENTAL HEALTH ADVOCATE
- Published Books and Writing – Dr. Clinton has authored or edited nearly thirty books including “Take It Back: Reclaiming Biblical Masculinity. The Heart & Strength of Being a Man and and his latest release, ‘Focus on the Future: Your Family, Your Faith, and Your Voice Matter Now More Than Ever’ which is out now.
- Care and Counsel Bible – Featuring 116 mental/relational/spiritual topics written by some of the world’s leading mental health and ministry experts, Dr. Clinton led the way in compiling one of the most beloved counseling resources available today.
- Columns and Featured articles and appearances – Featured column in Christian Counseling Today Magazine and op Ed’s that have appeared in Fox News, Charisma and more…
Care and Counsel Bible
After nearly two decades, we are pleased to announce an updated version of The Care and Counsel Bible (formerly The Soul Care Bible and The Bible for Hope). If you only use one resource in ministering to others, let it be The Care and Counsel Bible.
- 116 Topics: Each Complete with Up-front Quick-Reference Guide
- Theme Articles written by experts that address life’s most common challenges and difficulties: anxiety, anger, insecurity, depression, sexuality, pride, and jealousy
- Key Passages are interpreted, offering the reader insight into the messages of freedom and hope
- Personality Profiles highlight the lives of people in the Bible who encountered and overcame bondage, oppression or difficulty
- Soul Notes provide commentary on Bible passages that speak to the main themes
- Subject Index and Key Word Concordance.
National Television and Broadcasts – He serves as Host of ‘The Road Forward with Dr. Tim Clinton’ on Real America’s Voice Network and Platforms. Anchored around topics related to marriage, family and righteousness in culture, Dr. Clinton features engaging guests each week such as Janet Parshall, Michelle Bachmann, Ralph Reed, Sen. Marsha Blackburn, Lee Strobel, and more.
Expert Guest Appearances – Catch Dr. Clinton as featured expert guest on Fox, TBN, Daystar, Salem and more.
Instagram reels and influence – Life, Love, Faith and Family Reels with Dr. Tim Clinton is a weekly feature of the James Dobson Family Institute. Dr. Clinton has amassed nearly 20 million views and plays over the last 9 months alone.